Sunday, December 4, 2011

From the "Little Manhattan"

*originally posted on my facebook notes*

It's titled Little Manhattan, a movie about a boy, a 10 year-old boy, named Gabe who's falling in love with a girl, an 11 year-old girl, named Rosemary. The movie tells us about Gabe and his lovey dovey thing - the first lovey dovey thing ever happened in his life. Though it seems that Rosemary may love him back, it turns out she doesn't. Yet still, it's one of the cutest puppy-love story I ever watched, and yes, I've learned much from Gabe. An yes, it has made me wish I were 11 again :)

All scenes are worth watching, yet for me, the best part is the ending. It's when Gabe says this, his thought about love and Rosemary:

Love is an ugly, terrible business practiced by fools. It'll trample your heart and leave you bleeding on the floor. And what does it really get you in the end? Nothing but a few incredible memories that you can't ever shake. The truth is, there's gonna be other girls out there. I mean, I hope. But I'm never gonna get another first love. That one is always gonna be her.

while "In My Life" by The Beatles is playing in the background. What else can be any sweeter? :")

No comments:

Post a Comment

By the way, I don't hate comments.