Saturday, April 27, 2013

Choosing or falling?

"Often, we fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time." - unknown

Found that particular quote while scrolling down my Twitter timeline, and my first response was "true that". I remember that someone ever told me that the term "falling in love" was wrong. He said that we chose to love. And I was like, "really?"

I mean, do we choose it? Choose is an active verb. We can choose because we have choices; we have options. I don't think that's the case of love. Love is something unexpected. It simply comes out of nowhere. Most of the time, we are not really sure how, when, and why it all begins. It just happens.

Besides, love is an abstract thing. People say that it's like wind: we cannot see and touch it, yet we can feel it. As for me, I can't quite define what love is. What is love? What we should feel so that we can be considered as "being in love"? If love itself is hard to define, how can one even 'choose' to love? Really?

I still believe that being in love is something that happens 'accidentally'. Yes, falling; that's the word.

2 comments:

  1. Kita emang bisa memilih kepada siapa kita jatuh cinta. Yg ga bisa itu adalah tertarik. Coba aja terus2an berinvestasi pd seseorang entah itu waktu, tenaga, pikiran, uang, dll ntar rasa cinta itu akan tumbuh sendiri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm begitu ya. soalnya as for me, saya ogah sih terus2an berinvestasi pd seseorang kalo saya gak tertarik. hahaha. but it makes sense..

    ReplyDelete

By the way, I don't hate comments.