Saturday, April 27, 2013

That one guy.

*originally posted on my facebook notes*

It's almost 1 am and I'm still wide awake. Despite the long and tiring (but fun) day and night I just had, I don't feel tired at all. Well maybe a bit :p

Anyway, one thought suddenly goes through my mind. Nah, it's actually being running through my mind lately. Seems like I'm having a moment to share it. I just feel like writing it down.

So, I know this guy from high school. We were once classmates. He was... what to put it ya? Hmm. Smart. Yup, he was smart (and I believe he still is). And unlike most "smart people" I know (and unlike what common belief states), he was not a quiet guy. He was sort of, you know, talkative. He talked much. He said what he wanted to say. Probably it was also why sometimes he had been mistaken. Some people took him as a "smartass". Or maybe they were just pissed because when he talked, he sort of blew their mind. Or maybe he was just right.

There you go. Maybe it would sound a little bit too personal, but I did think he was (almost) always right. Sometimes it irritated me, but sometimes it's just because he was right. Again everytime he talked to me, he blew my mind. He and I were pretty close. We talked a lot (define 'a lot'). We shared a lot. And with an addition of a bit of this and that, bamm, I sort of had a crush on him.. or a fling, name it (Geez. Just an old story, isn't it? Lol), lasted until we moved to the next grade, which made us not a classmate anymore (boo!)

We didn't talk that much anymore. The moments were gone, so was the fling. But we still remained friends (of course, duh), and by friends, we still got to see each other at some particular school events and stuff (this is pretty lame, but I hardly remember how and when.. I guess we both were in the school board or something :p) And so on, so on,.. until we graduated, until we completely didn't get to see each other. By the way, he went to a university out of town, and so did I. Different universities, different cities.

Months after the graduation day, we got a chance to meet again. I don't remember how, but he was in town. We arranged a meet up (with some other high school friends that happened to be in town as well). It was years ago, kinda blurry, but one thing I most remember is that I was in my lowest point. Just as I said before, it was months after graduation, and we just entered the university life- a first year university student. Things were all new; fun and, at the same time, scary. Good but tough, if you know what I mean. And there was also something 'else', a problem that brought me to my "darkest moment" (at least that's what I felt back then). And I met him. I met him at that particular time.

Oh, and this is also one thing I like about him, he does care. He cares about his friends. I just like how someone asks simple questions about how - "how are you?" "how you doing?" "how's thing going?" and stuff. He's that type of guy.

So yeah, I ended up telling him EVERYTHING. We talked a lot, for hours. And again, he blew my mind. As he did back when we were high school. As he always did. He gave me some advice. More than that, he gave me some insight. Normally, I would just have lots to argue, but not with this guy.

After that, we only talked through social media; once in a while. We had never meet each other again...

...not until a few days ago, literally. And he has changed a lot. Not in a bad kinda way, more like "he has grown up much". But one thing that has never changed: he still blows my mind..

Moral of the story? Umm.. not sure if there's any. But one question: in life, do you have this one (or two, maybe three) particular person who always, may I repeat, ALWAYS, blows your mind everytime he/she talks to you? It is something like "Well, true.. right.. yes.. I do feel it too.. Right.. Damn right.." Do you? Apparently I do, and I think I have some. And that one guy is one of them.

Ah, you know who you are :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

By the way, I don't hate comments.