Tuesday, February 1, 2011

They seem so real; I am not.

This approximately 2-month holiday has made me a TV-series frenzy, and one of my favorites (currently my most favorite) is How I Met Your Mother. It's an American situation comedy about a group of friends who live in New York City. However, I'm not gonna tell you about the show. It's just, as I frequently watch the show, I'm so stick to it that I'm not sure my life is real.

It's like everytime I watch the show, I can easily forget the so-called reality. I will forget about what I actually feel that moment, including the feeling of devastation, being overwhelmed, depression, anguish.. name it. They seem to go away; it's just me and those Tv series.

Does everything sound being hyperbolized now? Probably it's because it is television, where reality and dream are blended. They're based on real life, but sometimes real life is not as kind as it is on screen. And sometimes, that's life what I want, indeed.

I know I don't live on screen, they do. But why now they seem so real; I am not? Thank God holiday is almost over so that I can completely go back to my real business.. Can't I?
Or it's just sometimes I need it as a sweet sweet escape from this mean world?


2 comments:

  1. 4 words for you dear : too much drama period

    but, yeah, i felt it too, we need to go back to our activity ASAP, i suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second that. but living dream feels great and real. i need to spin my totem.

    ReplyDelete

By the way, I don't hate comments.