Friday, January 28, 2011

I feel you.. not.

"I feel you" and "been there" sometimes are the most comforting words I want to hear from somebody when I'm puzzled by confusing situation or feeling that I can barely explain. When I share my problem to my close ones and get one of these words as the reply, it sure can make me listen to what they're gonna say next. Perhaps, having someone who knows what it feels to be 'me' is what I need the most in that kind of situation.

But sometimes, after they give me their next words, I think that no, they don't really know what I feel. In some situation, I feel like they're just trying to comfort me without really putting themselves in my shoes. Sometimes I feel like they just give me some advice that I'm sure they themselves won't be able to do it. I don't mean to blame them or being ungrateful, but I just can't believe they really know what I've been through. It eventually turns into "I feel you.. not."

I'm not sure people can be exactly in the same situation as someone else. Exactly? The same? The word "exactly" when it's put together with "the same" will just become a convincing word to make others listen to the speaker. How can they really know how the situation is EXACTLY? I guess, nobody really knows but me. And God.

Or, perhaps I just get mad because they're right.. theoretically. In some cases, I know what my logic ask me to do. I know what I SHOULD do. It's just, when you're trapped in the real situation, doing what your logic say is sometimes hard, right? Although you know that it is right; genuinely true. When others tell me to do the same thing, and I know they're right, I just can't accept that because they're not in MY situation. Saying words are always easier than actually taking the action.

Or, perhaps I'm just being an emotional brat. Perhaps I just can't think logically, while they can. They're not in THIS problem; I am. That's why they can think clearly while I'm letting my emotion get involved too much.

Probably, they're just trying to put my mind at ease. Probably, they really feel me.. or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By the way, I don't hate comments.