Saturday, January 29, 2011

Music is my private time-machine.

Last night, before I finally dragged myself into the dream world, I shuffled my music player. While listening to the songs one by one, without having any idea what song is gonna occur next, I was traveling to somewhere other than my bedroom, other than that present time.

Amazing, I can tell. A harmonious melody blended with a lyric can bring me to some places in the past. Of course not literally; figuratively. It did bring out some hidden memory that frankly I miss, or I thought I'd never miss.

Last night was the time when I realized one thing: past is not something that I've completely left behind. It's hiding somewhere in my memory. And a significant time machine can bring me to it out of the blue.

Mine is music.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, music have their own memories. their stories, your stories when was you listen particular song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i hv this song... well melody (sadly i don't know who's the composer or its title T__T).. it's weird since it's like brings back memories from my babyhood which i would think impossible to recall when i'm not thinking about this melody...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @hansel: word. and it's funny cause sometimes the memory itself is not directly related to the song. it just comes up from somewhere out of the clear blue sky lols.

    @billski: wow. i wanna know how it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete

By the way, I don't hate comments.